Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paul Newman

It was so sad to hear the news about Paul Newman. Many years ago I saw him at a race track in Ohio. My girlfriend's brother was a race car driver and we went to see him race. He told us he heard that Paul Newman was going to be there racing that day too. We were watching the racers coming into the track area and a red Datsun (before Nissan) with the letters PLN on the side came by very slowly and the driver waving to us was Paul Newman! So exciting. Such a great man. I always admired him for his marriage and family commitment in the Hollywood world of ever changing spouses.

3 comments:

bj said...

Hi, Millie...I'm bj and so glad to meet you. I came over from your sweet daughter's pretty blog. She was bragging about how wonderful you sew and I decided I'd better meet this wonder woman!! lol

I, too, was such a P. Newman fan and so hated to see him go. I am almost as old as he was...well, not quite but nearly....and I just seemed to grow up with him in the movies. UMMMMM UM! He was a mighty handsome man when he was young....

Come over to see me sometime...I just got home from my very first cruise and with all my family (14 of us...2 couldn't make it) so no need for you to ask what I have blogged about the last couple days...lol

love, bj

Pug1 said...

You've been tagged! Come over to get it! Michele

{this is glamorous} said...

Hello - finally catching up on a few comments, and wanted to wish you a Happy New Year. Saw my first Paul Newman film over the holidays, and his death was a great loss.